Steel Building Careers at Sunward
Sunward Steel Buildings has been supplying steel buildings in the US, Canada, and worldwide for over 40 years. We have 2 steel building factories in North Dakota, 1 factory in South Carolina, and headquarters in Denver, CO. We are always looking for qualified candidates to join our team of qualified steel building professionals. Our team members enjoy a professional dynamic work environment, competitive benefits package and 401K. If you are interested in a steel building career, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title in the subject line.
Current Open Positions
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic / Technician – Walterboro, SC
Sunward/Rockford Steel buildings is a major manufacturer of pre-engineered steel buildings located in Walterboro, SC. We manufacture buildings for commercial, industrial and agricultural use. We are looking for an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic/Technician. The position would be located at our Walterboro, SC steel building manufacturing facility / factory. Base pay and benefits. Equipment type would be Roll Forming Lines, Brakes, Trim Folding Machines, and Forklifts.
Some of the job duties are:
Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
Extensive mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical experience required. Candidate will be required to provide own tools for this position.
Welding experience a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Metal Building Drafter / Detailer – Denver, CO
Sunward Steel Buildings is looking to add a Metal Building Drafter Detailer to it’s team. The ideal candidate is responsible for successful and consistent processing of orders from a detailing standpoint. The incumbent must assure that policies and procedures are being followed in the development of the building details for the factory and in the final drawings sent to the customer. This position requires advanced print reading capability and must be able to demonstrated strong mathematical skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Assistant Plant Manager – Jamestown, ND
Sunward/Wedgcor Steel Buildings is seeking an experienced and driven Assistant Plant Manager to be a part of Sunward/Wedgcor team in Jamestown, ND. The Assistant Plant Manager must possess the desire and ability to provide leadership and supervisory coordination in all aspects of production. As a member of the Sunward/Wedgcor team the Assistant Plant Manager will be a true strategic partner in the Operations Division. The Assistant Plant Manager’s role is for continuous plant improvement, employee development and maintaining a cost effective operation.
Essential Duties (other duties as assigned)
- Provide leadership and supervision for all plant production shifts and associated personnel. Effectively motivate, train and communicate with supervisors to assure superior levels of safety, reliability, and quality. Insure individual and team levels of performance meet or exceed goals and expectations
- Prepare and conduct team meetings as necessary for proper communications and development of teams. Be able to work with Engineering and Drafting staff to create a cooperative environment
- Develop an expert knowledge of the production process and associated equipment. Be able to analytically and systematically troubleshoot manufacturing issues and develop the team to be self-directed in the same activities. Ensure that proper Best Practices procedures are followed
- Be able to perform daily checks and reports to ensure that the products produced are of the highest quality
- Reinforce sense of urgency during production runs and periods of equipment downtime
- Effectively communicate issues to the management team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with groups of people with varying levels of education, expertise and backgrounds
- Ability to achieve results through others
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be self-motivated and a self-starter
- Manufacturing and Welding knowledge and background preferred (to the K/S/A section)
- Safety program coordinator and administrator (to the E/D section)
Education, Experience and Certifications
Experience managing people in an industrial manufacturing environment.
Sunward/Wedgcor Steel is known for providing one of the highest quality metal buildings in the industry. Sunward/Wedgcor Steel buildings has over 40 plus years of experience producing steel buildings.
As a condition of employment applicants offered a role will be required to successfully pass our pre-employment background screen, receive a negative drug screen result & confirm eligibility to work in the U.S.
Relocation Assistance Available
Sign on Bonus Available for the right candidate
Warehouse Inventory Manager – Jamestown, ND
Sunward/Wedgcor Steel Buildings is currently hiring an Inventory Clerk to work in our Jamestown, ND location. The primary responsibilities of this role will be to manage the inventory control system, maintain product data, rectify miscalculations, review and analyze the results of operations, report findings to management and make recommendations for improvement as necessary. This position offers competitive pay, excellent benefits and a flexible schedule. Those who have experience managing warehouse inventory are encouraged to apply.